In our effort to find every mention of your friend in the news, we would sometimes include articles your friend wrote in your feed. For those of you who have a lot of journalist friends, those stories could start to take over your Newsle feed. Not ideal. On the other hand, you told us you actually liked knowing when your friends wrote articles, as long as they weren’t cluttering your feed. Today, we’re excited to announce a new feature for following journalists on Newsle!
- Stories written by your friends will no longer be included in your main feed (or emails) by default. We’ll be adding settings soon so you can control this as you’d like.
- You now choose to follow journalists and you’ll see all the stories they write in your Journalist feed.
- Follow your journalist friends and connections. Now you’ll actually be able to comment on their recent story the next time they bring it up.
- Follow just the journalists and niches you care about. You may not like everything a publication writes, but you do love hearing from certain writers. We can help filter the news down to what you actually want to read.
- Follow journalists who might write about you. If you’re looking to get coverage for your startup, business or anything else it’s incredibly useful to know what a journalist is writing about. Following all the journalists in your niche on Newsle is the perfect way to do that.
We’ve created a handy list of Tech Journalists for you to check out, so you can start following awesome journalists right away. We’d love to hear what you think of our new feature!